Sunday, May 31, 2009

190

My Amazing Wife's LC Pizza Alternative (Yum!)

Busy day ahead. I'm not sure if I'll be online much. Photo ops seem iffy as well. Time will tell ...

Part one of the our busy Sunday involved going to a beach bar to celebrate a good friend's birthday. We had a good time and I managed to choose LC options right off of the limited menu.

Part two is TBD. But I did decide to have a "meal replacement" shake before going. The word is that they're ordering pizza for dinner. If there's something else available as well, I'll nosh a bit. If not, I'm all good. I can always have a snack when I get back, if need be.

Update: Pizza it was. Pizza I did not have. That is until I got home. See what I mean below.

11:00 am

+ a cup of organic, black coffee with 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin

12:30 pm

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 1 scoops of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin, 1 tbsp of organic sprouted flax seeds and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 1/2 bar of unsweetened, organic 100% chocolate bar

+ 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil

3:00 pm

+ 3 skewers of grilled shrimp and scallops with aioli (mayo and hot sauce)

+ a glass of unsweetened iced tea

6:30 pm

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 2 scoops of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin, 1 tbsp of organic sprouted flax seeds, 1 tsp of organic instant coffee and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 1 heaping tbsp of organic coconut oil

10:00 pm (pictured above)

+ 6 Pizza Canoes - filled with organic cream cheese, soft goat cheese, organic basil, organic provolone cheese, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

+ several slices of natural coppa (naturally cured pork)

More to come ... I hope.

5 comments:

Anne H said...

Also Salt. Had to look that one up. I'm such a baby. But I'm learning! Everyday I learn. Thanks, Harry

Harry/JP said...

I like that product pretty well, Anne. I learned about it through Jimmy Moore.

It actually makes my protein shakes taste better - and it adds a fair amount of potassium and even a little protein (lysine) to the mix.

I'm learning from you and our fellow LCers constantly! I'm extremely grateful for that gift!

Hope you have a great night!

Jade said...

harry,
what is a pizza canoe? that dish looks great! jade

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Jade.

We basically just slice Roma tomatoes in half, scoop out the insides (the seeds and liquidy part) and stuff them with cream cheese, soft goat cheese, basil, garlic or shallots, etc. and then place some added cheese on top of it. Put it in the oven/broiler until it's cooked through and starts to brown and bubble on top and you're ready to go!

The end result is kind of like a pizza - you've got the tomato, the cheese, basil and you can even add pepperoni if you'd like. This time, I just had some coppa on the side instead.

I hope you enjoy it, if you give a shot. :-)

Jade said...

Yum! I am going to give that recipe and the jalepeno poppers a try. Looks great. :)