Wednesday, May 20, 2009

179 Giorni e Notti

A Little o' This, A Little o' That

We're about to head out on a late-morning walk. :-)

I posted an article about some of the latest LC-friendly weight loss news yesterday night. If you're interested in reading it, please click on this link: Low Carb Weight Loss News

Update: The walk was beautiful. Sunny skies and a brisk breeze. I don't get out in the sun much. So, it was cool to do the walking earlier on while el Sol was still wide awake and strong enough to kiss our skin. The added vitamin D could only help.

Update 2: I tried to creatively combine as many leftovers as possible for lunch. The resulting "LC Breafast/Lunch Burrito" was very satisfying. I'll happily make it again.

9:45 am

+ a cup of organic, black coffee with a packet of stevia/inulin

11:30 am

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 1 scoop of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 2 scoops of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin, 1 tbsp of organic sprouted flax seeds and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 1/2 bar of unsweetened, organic 100% chocolate bar

+ 2 tbsps of organic coconut oil

1:30 pm (part of the Luo Han Guo experiment)

+ a cup of organic, black coffee (no sweetener)

2:30 pm

+ LC Breakfast/Lunch Burritos -

Tortilla Substitute: 4 pieces of natural, thinly sliced ham

The Filling: organic omega-3 cheesy eggs (3 organic omega-3eggs, organic heavy cream, organic Monterey Jack cheese, organic grilled onions, organic spicy chipotle salsa, sea salt and fresh ground organic pepper mix)

4:45 pm (part of the Luo Han Guo experiment)

+ a cup of organic, black coffee (no sweetener)

8:45 pm (pictured above)

+ 2 organic Portuguese sausages

+ 1 organic avocado

+ 1 small organic Roma tomato, sliced and topped with Emmi Appenzeller raw cheese

More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

Anne H said...

What you wrote about the sun kissing our skin was really beautiful. Thanks for all that you share.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks for saying that, Anne. I appreciate it! :-)

I hope your LC journey is going well. I look forward to learning more about it.

My best to you!

ms. v said...

your burrito sounds DELICIOUS! and what's the Emmi Appenzeller cheese like?

btw, just noticed the hi ho silver, ride in your header...another pavement reference, perhaps? ;) if so, may I just say "and what about the voice of geddy lee? how did it get so high? I wonder, does he speak like an ordinary guy?" hehehe!

Harry/JP said...

Ms. V,

The burrito really worked out well. I guess it's because the ham tied in with the other breakfasty ingredients. A very simple dish.

The Emmi A. cheese is really rich, medium hardness and kind of mildly "funky". I find it to be very satisfying both in texture and flavor. I believe it's a form of raw Swiss cheese that's been aged longer - no holes in it either.

Caught me! Another Pavement reference. :-)

Stereo is quite witty. Shady Lane is a real kick as well. Talented fellow, that SM.

For whatever reason, I had "Church on White" running through my head yesterday ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vQUEYkA9s

I hope you have a great weekend!

ms. v said...

excellent song! and you just don't see enough people making pavement references these days, in my opinion. :) I actually saw SM (who is rumoured to have a genius-level IQ, no big surprise there) with the Crust Brothers some years ago. I tracked down a recording of them doing Lodi at a show I was at, and I can clearly hear myself yelling at the end. hahahaha!

Harry/JP said...

I never got the chance to see Pavement or SM live. I guess that's what YouTube and Slow Century are for. :-)