Saturday, May 9, 2009

168

It's Saturday! A quick note about the luo han guo experiment. Recently I bought a blood glucose monitor that came with 10 testing strips. When I tried to buy more of them ... all the pharmacies in the area didn't have any (of this particular brand, CVS). So, I had to special order it. The strips should arrive by Tuesday and I'll commence the experiment then. For those of you who were following that trial ... I apologize for the delay.

I'm thinking about including more white tea in my diet. It's very healthy and may aid in the "fat burning" department too. It could be one of those win-win propositions.

I used to drink a big cup of tea in between meals when I felt hunger pangs. It seemed to help them pass and provided a sort of soothing effect. Drinking water just doesn't provide the same sensation for me.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I went to the farmer's market yesterday. I bought some beautiful tomatoes (orange and red), avocados, jalapenos, blueberries, strawberries and flowers. I hope to make this a part of my weekly routine.

10:15 am

+ a cup of organic coffee with a stevia tab

12:00 pm

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 3 scoops of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 3 tbsps of organic coconut oil (finishing up a big container)

3:00 pm

+ 2 farmer's market tomatoes, sliced and topped with organic sour cream and raw goat's milk cheese

+ natural, thick-sliced salami

5:15 pm

+ a cup of organic coffee with a packet of organic stevia/inulin

8:00 pm (no photo - camera problem)

+ 2 beef burgers topped with grilled onions and organic provolone cheese

+ 1 small orange tomato from the farmer's market

11:00 pm

+ a 3 bag cup of organic white tea


More to come ... I hope!

4 comments:

Low Carber said...

Very nice on the farmers market..

Best place to get fresh vegetables :)

Here in Japan they have farmers stands dotting the country side with fresh produce and the best thing is its all $1.00 :)

Buying vegetables this way helps me change my diet somewhat accorfing to the seasons :)

Vadim said...

Have you lost more pounds? I know you said you were going to only weight monthly, right? I am still curious to know if the weight started moving again

Harry/JP said...

I agree 100% percent, LC.

The farmer's markets in our area aren't as well priced as the ones near you ... unfortunately. But I think they're still worth it.

Eating according to the seasons and eating all the colors of the rainbow (as Dr. Bernard Jensen used to say) is a sound policy, IMO.

Harry/JP said...

Vadim,

I'm not sure. My wife thinks so. My pants appear to be a bit looser. But I don't think I'm losing very quickly. I believe I'm due for a weigh in two weeks (from tomorrow).

My best guess is that I'm continuing to lose but more slowly than before. I'm confident that I'll reach my goal weight - which is somewhere in the 180's.