Thursday, May 14, 2009

173

The Serenading Sea Lions
Boats in the Marina
Old Glory Flying High
The Local Lighthouse

Lots going on. Good things though. For one thing, I finally received the blood glucose strips (that I had to special order). That will allow me to resume the Luo Han Guo experiment! I'm looking forward to it!

Update: My wife and I went on a walk this evening - check out the pics! The Luo Han Guo experiment is back in effect. I took one blood sugar reading this afternoon and will do another tonight.

7:30 am

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 3 scoops of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin, 1 tbsp of organic sprouted flax seeds and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 2 tbsps of organic coconut oil

2:00 am

+ a cup of organic coffee with a packet of organic stevia/inulin

3:00 pm

+ several slices of natural Genoa salami

+ 2 small farmer's market tomatoes (one orange and one red), topped with organic sour cream and raw sheep's milk cheese

5:15 pm

+ a cup of organic coffee with a packet of luo han guo/inulin

7:30 pm

+ a salmon fillet with crispy skin

+ homemade grilled, organic asparagus

+ homemade organic, Italian creamed spinach

11:00 pm

+ a strong cup of organic white tea (3 tea bags) and a packet of luo han guo w/inulin


More to come ... I hope!

8 comments:

~Oct said...

i'm interested to see what you discover in your experiment too.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Oct!

I'll keep you posted! :-)

NewVision said...

Harry,
I bought some vanilla whey protein powder today. Do you put ice in yours and really make it a shake like? I've never been a shake kind of gal, but I'm willing to give them a try. I thought I would play with it this weekend to see how it goes.
Any tips on how to make them??

Low Carber said...

Heya, Netrition now has lan Guo but it is super expensive :(

Also, I was going to let you know that my mother is Italian ( her parents come from Genoa :) ) and seeing your mothers's day feast reminded me of all the good cured meats thatmy grandfather would have..

I really miss his linguisa (sp) sausage.. that was my favorite..

Anyway, looking good :)

Harry/JP said...

Jo,

I make mine without ice because I prefer using a "shaker cup" - easier for clean up.

I suppose if I wanted to make it taste the most shake-like, I would add some frozen berries (just a few for flavor) or ice, heavy cream or coconut milk, sweetener (stevia) and protein powder. A dash of salt and a little vanilla extract could also be added. These ingredients would be in a base of cold water.

How's that sound? :-)

Harry/JP said...

LC,

The luo han guo I've seen around does cost more than stevia. Whether the extra expense is worth it (for me) will depend on what my test results and other additional research shows.

re: your Italian mother

No wonder we get along so well. :-)

Ciao!

NewVision said...

Sounds good!
I tried some this morning. Both Hubby and I agreed it needed tweaking, but not too bad.

Nice Pictures! What beautiful scenery you have. :)

Harry/JP said...

You'll find the right mix. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll discovery several recipes that'll become old standbys. :-)

It is beautiful around here. Soon it will become very crowded ... as Summer rolls around. But, that's a small price to pay.