Friday, May 29, 2009

188

Pork al Pastor w/Organic Guacamole

I just posted a column about the superiority of a low carb diet in the management of prostate cancer. Healthy Fellow (my other site) isn't specifically a low carb project, but I try to share about the benefits of LC living whenever possible and scientifically validated. By doing so, I hope to do my part to balance out the rather negative portrayal of LC diets as covered by most mainstream sources.

10:00 am

+ a cup of organic, black coffee with 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin

12:00 pm

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 1 scoop of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin, 1 tbsp of organic sprouted flax seeds and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 1/2 bar of unsweetened, organic 100% chocolate bar

+ 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil

3:00 pm

+ 4 cantaloupe slices wrapped with prosciutto

+ a few ounces of raw, aged goat cheese

5:30 pm

+ LC Hot Cocoa - 3 tbs of organic cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp of organic stevia and 1 heaping tbs of organic, sprouted flax meal

7:15 pm (pictured above)

+ Pork al Pastor (from Whole Foods Market) and homemade, organic guacamole

12:00 am

+ a shot of organic wheat grass


More to come ... I hope!

2 comments:

Anne H said...

Again, you rock with the menu! You cook like a chef with food fit for a king.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Anne!

Whole Foods helped out today! Their pork al pastor is very tasty and completely LC friendly.

I'm enjoying your blog as well. I'm happy to have your site as part of my "following" list. :-)