Sunday, May 10, 2009

169

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and grandmothers out there! :-)

Our Italian Mother's Day Feast!

Bresaola (air dried beef), Endive and Aged Sheep's Milk Cheese

Prosciutto and Burrata
Calamari E Rucola - Fresh Grilled Calamari with Baby Rucola

Filetto Rucola - Filet Mignon w/ Rucola and Shaved Parmesan

BTW, I saw a fantastic film the other day. It's called The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. I highly recommend it.

9:30 pm

+ Wowee Zowee Protein Shake version 3.0 - 3 scoops of True Whey (natural vanilla whey protein), 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 1 tsp. of organic instant coffee, 4 oz of purified water, 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt

+ 1 heaping tbsp of organic coconut oil (finishing up a big container)

12:30 pm (Mother's Day lunch - pictured above)

+ shared appetizers: Carpaccio Di Finocchio thinly sliced fennel with aged pecorino and lemon dressing (not pictured), Proscuitto E Burrata parma ham with creamy mozzarella, Calamari E Rucola fresh grilled calamari with baby rucola and Bresaola (air dried beef), endives and aged sheep's milk cheese

+ main course: Filetto Rucola - filet mignon sliced with rucola and shaved parmesan

4:30 pm

+ organic coffee with a packet of organic stevia/inulin

6:30 pm

+ organic coffee with a packet of organic stevia/inulin

7:30 pm

+ Southwestern Cheesy Eggs - organic, omega-3 eggs, organic grilled onions, organic heavy cream, sea salt, organic pepper, organic Monterey Jack cheese, organic sour cream and organic chipotle salsa

+ 3/4 of a farmer's market avocado, sliced

11:00 pm

+ a strong cup of organic white tea (3 tea bags worth)


More to come ... I hope!

5 comments:

~Oct said...

Wow, what an amazing mother's day feast! I'm very happy that you reviewed The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. I've heard great things about the movie and so have it saved on DVR. I haven't watched it yet due to my tendency to fall asleep when I desperately want to see something, lol. The fact that it's captioned means I really do need to be fully awake. Your review renews my desire to make time to watch it!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Oct! :-)

The lunch was really excellent. This was a new restaurant and we were impressed. More importantly, it was a hit with our folks and the whole family.

I sure hope you enjoy Diving Bell. Have you ever seen Basquiat? That's another fantastic bio-pic from the same director. He's a talented hombre.

Low Carber said...

Wow! That looks like it was one wonderful feast :) So Harry, Are you Italian??

I am thinking about curing some of my own meats this winter.. so I can get some nitrate free ham products :)

That was a perfest LC Feast :)

~Oct said...

I haven't, but looking at it just now it's going on my list of must-see-movies. David Bowie AND Benicio del Toro in a movie about Andy Warhol. Yeah, must see it!

Harry/JP said...

LC,

Yes. Both of parents were born and raised in Italy. I was born here in the USA though.

I love naturally cured meats. That's a great idea - doing it yourself at home. I'll be keeping an eye out to see how you do it and what the results are like. You just may inspire me to be more adventurous in the kitchen! :-)

Thanks for setting a good example!