Friday, January 30, 2009

70 Days of LC Menu Blogging


Porterhouse Steak on a Bed of Broccolini

Tomato Islands in a Sea of Prosciutto


Breaking News: I wasn't selected to be on the jury! What a relief! The trial that I was a candidate for was of a very serious nature. It was expected to be a two-week trial. I was not looking forward to that at all! But, I didn't try to get out of it. I cooperated fully with the court and I was rejected fair-and-square. I've never been so happy to be rejected in my whole life!


To celebrate, my wife and I (and a friend) will go out to celebrate. We'll be celebrating our friend finding a new job. And now, we'll celebrate the jury news as well! I don't know where we're going but I'll document the proceedings. :)


Friday - January 29, 2009


9:00 am

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of low-fat milk and a pinch of pure stevia

11:00 am

+ 2 organic Roma tomatoes, sliced and topped with organic sour cream and sliced Manchego (raw sheep's milk) cheese

+ 3 oz of thinly cut prosciutto

+ a glass of organic red wine

1:00 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)

5:30 pm

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of low-fat milk and a pinch of pure stevia

8:00 pm (pictured above)

+ a porterhouse steak

+ sauteed broccolini

+ a glass of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)

11:00 pm

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of heavy cream & 2 packets of Also Salt, 1 packet of stevia + FOS)

Note:
It's unusual for me to eat/drink this late. But, I needed to take my supplements and they need to be taken with food. So, I tried to make the best of it by having a nutritious snack.


More to come ... I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry,
Congrats on long-term blogging of menus! Your diet looks truly delicious. More power to ya!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Lynn!

Congrats on successfully completing your 14-day challenge! :)

NewVision said...

Glad to hear you got out of jury duty.

The steak looked WONDERFUL!
Glad you had a good time with friends.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Jo! :)