Saturday, January 17, 2009

The 57th Day


Tom Reagan: "If you want me to keep my mouth shut, it'll cost you some dough...I figure a thousand bucks is reasonable. So I want two thousand."

Miller's Crossing
, written by the Joel and Ethan Coen


I haven't got much of an appetite again today. I just feel kind o' mellow.

Therefore, my favorite films shall speak for me or against me ...


Saturday - January 17, 2009

10:30 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

12:15 pm

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of heavy cream & 2 packets of Also Salt, 1 packet of stevia + FOS)

3:15 pm

+ 2 leftover spicy, herbed chicken thighs

+ 1 Roma tomato, sliced and topped with organic sour cream

+ a glass of red wine

5:45 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

8:30 pm

+ a small piece of poached salmon (store bought)

+ 1/2 cup of homemade creamed spinach

10:30 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

Vadim said...

vadim1972Hang in there! I too feel a bi under the weather lately. Its freezing here in NY and I am kind of bored out of mind. And I cant seem to find any meaningful relationship for the longest time. But..... Screw sadness, I am entertaining myself tonight! I decided to surprise my frineds by crushing their house without any invitation. They might be angry, but hey misery loves company, lol!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Mr. V.

I hope you have a good time tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Harry! Mellow is good, peaceful, nice. Enjoy it until it passes.
I wrote down the movie you pictured there. I'm always excited to find out there are GREAT movies out there that I haven't even seen!

NewVision said...

LOL Harry,
You and I must like the same kinds of films. of' Course I do also like a good chick flick once in awhile.

Hey, being mellow is a good thing right? I know it still feels like your in a funk, but at least your not on the bottom. So your moving on up my friend. Hope your mood improves today.

Are you sleeping? I know that is part of my problem. Have you ever tried Melatonin? I don't take it often as I'm scared of being dependent on it. (even though they say your body naturally makes it) But I have taken it on occasion. I think sometimes it helps. Mostly for me it makes me tired and wanting sleep, it doesn't actually make me stay asleep. (make sense?)

Anyway, hope your doing better. And I want to thank you for your unwavering support.

~ Jo

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Lynn.

Mellow and sad is better than sad and agitated, I suppose. :)

If you see Miller's Crossing, I sure hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for all your kindness and support.

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Jo.

I haven't been sleeping very well, for awhile now.

I used to take an OTC (over the counter) sleeping pill prior to retiring each night. I stopped doing that around the time I seriously took an LC diet back up (about two months ago).

I have the same concern about melatonin as you do - forming a dependence on it. But, I do feel it's a much better way to go vs. synthetic "sleeping pills".

I really think I need to start exercising regularly and managing my stress better. My hunch is that that will help my sleep.

Now, if I would just do that! I find it's hard to fit everything into a day. I'm working on doing better in that regard.

I sure hope today was a better day for you too. I know it's been pretty rough lately.

Thank you for your support as well. It really helps. :)

You've got great taste in movies, by the way. ;-)