Sunday, January 4, 2009

天四十四

Spicy Catfish and Creamed Spinach

Afternoon Snack: Sliced Avocado, Manchego Cheese and Salami


We had a pretty swell day. Caught up on what we missed while we were gone - a few chores, sorting through mail, making phone calls, etc.

Tomorrow ... back to work. I hope my menu will tell the rest of the story. I'm bushed.


Sunday - January 4, 2008

10:00 am

+ a cup of coffee with a splash of milk and a packet of stevia + FOS

11:30 am

+ "cheesy eggs" - (approx. 3 eggs, grilled onions, feta cheese, cream cheese, a splash of heavy cream, sea salt and pepper)

+ 5 slices of natural bacon

1:45 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (two tablespoons of pure cocoa powder, one teaspoon of instant coffee, one packet of stevia + FOS, one packet of Also Salt and hot water)

note:
I was feeling especially tired this afternoon. I didn't get enough sleep last night. I'm trying to re-adjust my body to a more normal work-night sleep schedule.

4:45 pm (pictured above)

+ sliced avocado, salami and Manchego (sheeps milk) cheese

+ a glass of red wine

7:30 pm (pictured above)

+ spicy catfish fillet

+ homemade creamed spinach

11:00 pm

+ a cup of mixed tea - (two bags of organic white tea and one bag of an organic spicy ginger blend)


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

bayoubabe said...

Dear Sleepy Harry,

Just what is "natural'' bacon ?

thanks, Your low carb princess

Bayoubabe

Harry/JP said...

Good day, Bayoubabe.

I just mean "nitrate-free" bacon. I'm kind of leery of nitrates and nitrites. I think it's probably best to avoid them.

Some markets and health food stores sell such products.

Me said...

Hi Harry,

Nitrate-free bacon isn't available here as far as I've searched (and believe me, I've tried!) but I've been reading articles recently that say it's a myth they cause any problems at all.

I know believing them is probably just wishful thinking on my part, but what exactly do you think they damage?

Oh, and thanks so much for your support! It really means a lot :)

e

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Erika.

My understanding is that the concern is primarily directed at the possible increased risk of certain cancers.

The cancer-link is suggested (by some research) but not proven. I guess I'm just trying to limit the potential risk. If I remember correctly, even Dr. Atkins mentioned took a similar position (based on an old Larry King interview that I saw).

I'm sure I'm still exposed to many harmful substances in my diet - even though I try to avoid them. But, I hope that some of the healthier foods and supplements I take may counteract the negative elements. Perhaps that's my entry into the "wishful thinking" category. :)

~Oct said...

yum yum and more yum. you eat so well, and so deliciously!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, October!

It's a pretty satisfying diet. :) What more could I ask for?