Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ημέρα σαράντα έξι


Top Sirloin w/Grilled Onions, Creamed Spinach and Mashed Cauliflower

This is my first official week at my new job. It's a writing gig and I'm mostly working out of our home.

It feels good working from home, but strange also. I feel almost as if I'm playing hookey from school. It's the same feeling I had when I elected to do some homeschooling during my high school years.

Overall, I hope this job switch will be a really positive move. If anything, it should make the LC part of my life more manageable.


Tuesday - January 6, 2009

10:00 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

11:30 am

+ a roasted chicken thigh and leg (skin-on)

+ 1/2 cup of homemade mashed cauliflower

2:30 pm

+ 2 small Roma tomatoes (sliced), topped with sour cream and aged goat cheese

+ 2 thin slices of prosciutto

+ a glass of red wine

4:30 pm

+ a cup of instant coffee, a packet of stevia + FOS and a splash of low-fat milk

7:00 pm (pictured above)

+ a large piece of top sirloin, topped with grilled onions

+ approx. 1/4 cup of homemade creamed spinach

+ approx. 1/2 cup of homemade mashed cauliflower

10:15 pm

+ a cup of mixed tea - (two bags of organic white tea and one bag of an organic spicy ginger blend)


More to come ... I hope!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry,
I just noticed you asking for thots about you from those following your blog. You come across as a very kind person, and I like kind people. I've also noticed that whatever someone's posted, you notice the positive about it, even when it all looks negative at first glance. That's a wonderful talent and very encouraging to people. I look forward to the interview-sounds intriguing!

Anonymous said...

Lynn what a thoughtful observation for Harry and one I completely agree with as well!

Harry you are a thoughtful friend and see us at least through the soft light of friendship! Thank you for that, cuz those harsh lights are killers on this old broad!

I would like to know where you were first introduced to food and cooking? Do you cook or does your wife cook or do you both cook together? How did you become a gourmand? Your menus just continue to look fabulous and excite my taste buds!

Cheers, sweetie!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks so much, Lynn and Pooti!

What a beautiful lift you both gave me. :-)

I'll save my answers for the interview, Pooti.

Your compliments will drive me to live up to your kind assessments.

Thanks again to you both!

NewVision said...

Can't wait til the big day...looking forward to it...

Vadim said...

Harry, good job! I let your have al the women here for a while, but I am back, hopefully for a long time now. looking forward to your interview!

Vadim said...

Oh yes sir, I have few questions and comments for you as far as your interview. First of all let me extend my gratitude and sicere fascination with your humane, caring and thougthful approach toward your fellow blogger. I said many times before and I will say it again " you man are a rare crap of men who pocess class, sincerity and caring demeanor! Is carp the right word, english is my fifth language? Should I have said breed of men? But isnt breed applied toward dogs? Anyway you and I and everyone else knows you are a rare crap or breed or kind! I noticed something a long time ago how different your food selection are from the rest of us mortals. i honestly believe that your selection epitimize the healthy low carb lifestyle. Fish and mashed cauliflower!!! Lovely, I think you are the only one that cocnsitenly eats fish!You definitley ought to mention it in your interview. Whats up with seafoof and low carbers? Ok, I need to calm down a bit, its my first day from ER. I think I am starting to get my energy back! I think I am back people!

Harry/JP said...

Good to have you back, Mr. V!

Thanks for all your kind comments. :)

Me said...

Hi Harry,

Working from home sounds like it would be a strange - I've heard a suggestion to make your workspace completely different to the rest of the house - that way it's like you've entered your 'work zone' whenever you walk in. Sounds like fun to me!

Welcome back Vadim :)

And thanks for your wonderful comments, Harry. I am thinking long and hard about this fast now. Not sure. Maybe I should do something like Lynn...

Thinking, thinking, thinking hehehe

e

Anonymous said...

Hey Harry so what's your writing gig? For a newspaper or journal or for the corporate world?

I'm a graphic designer and copywriter/ghost writer for my clients. :)

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Pooti.

I'm currently writing content for a couple of websites. In the near future, my columns will likely appear in some local and perhaps not-so-local papers as well.

I also write screenplays with my wife.

Your career path sounds interesting. Creative in both arenas. I must say that your blog reflects your talents - it's both visually beautiful and an interesting read as well.