Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Giorno 68


My Dinner Feast!

I'm back home from my first day of jury duty. Tomorrow morning, I'll go back to see if I'm to be seated on a jury (or not). Que sera, sera.

I was up very early (by my standards) this morning. A wake up call of 5:30 am. But with the proper planning, I was able to stick to a pretty decent LC menu today. That's always good - when your schedule changes but you still manage to stay on course. It's like a test. And, I passed!


Wednesday - January 28, 2009

5:45 am

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of low-fat milk and a pinch of pure stevia

7:00 am

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of heavy cream & 2 packets of Also Salt, 1 packet of stevia + FOS)

12:00 pm
(brought to the courthouse - eaten in the car)

+ 6 natural breakfast sausages

+ 1/2 cup of homemade creamed spinach

4:00 pm

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of low-fat milk and a pinch of pure stevia

5:15 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)

7:15 pm (pictured above)

+ thick sliced natural salami

+ 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced and topped with sour cream

+ a medium avocado

+ a few ounces of Manchego (sheep's milk) cheese

11:00 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

bayoubabe said...

Just curious. We get $15 a day for jury duty,, Peanuts LOL.. Hope the pay is better for you. Glad you got to stick to the low carb for today.

Harry/JP said...

Same here, BayouBabe. $15 a day, plus gas for the trip. :)

Who says our government doesn't have a sense of humor?

Vadim said...

Harry, so you didnt buy my story, lol? Ok, you might be partially right. Actually, thats the first thing addicts do. No, the first thing addicts do is deny they have a problem. So I am passed that. Second thing addicts do is find excuses! Off course you are right, planning is absolutely a must for any successful transaction, ok almost any. But what about binge planning? At times I plan that as well. I dont know what it will take to curtail my disasterous food choices lately, but I hope not diabetes or a heart attack. I keep hoping against all hopes at times that I will stop before its too late. After all I was able to stop smoking cold turkey agter 15 years with no planning. i beleive it was devince intervention. May be I need Devine intervention to stop eating carb sugary junk. As a friend of mine sais, I didnt stop smoking, God took it away from me. May be, just may be one day I might say God took carbs away from me! Thanks for writing that article. I think it was very constructive and will help someone, who knows may be me too!

NewVision said...

Wow Harry, don't spend that all in one place. LOL
That's what we get here in Illinois too.

Harry/JP said...

Mr. V,

I hope you know that I wrote the article from a caring place. :)

I can relate very well to where you were coming from.

I just know that if I could make the change, you can too. I was a binger of sumo proportions! Believe me, it was frightening.

I just wanted to point out some things that I believe have helped me. Necessity is the mother of invention. I needed to find a way to break my destructive patterns. So, I put something together that seems to be working.

I have a lot more to say but my mind is foggy with jury duty fuzz. I must save it for another day, amigo.

Harry/JP said...

Jo,

I'm asking for my $15 daily wage in pennies.

It's my way of "sticking it to the man"! :)