Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jour 67

____________________________________________________________________

UPDATE!
- BOOM! I just got served! I'll be heading to the local courthouse (at a truly diabolical hour) tomorrow morning to report for JURY DUTY!

I'll report back as I'm able. But for now, I need to go practice my "crazy man" routine to see if I get off the hook! Wish me luck!
____________________________________________________________________

Today I had lunch with a few of my ex-colleagues in the film biz. It was good to see them both. I met them at my old place of work and we drove to a local Indian restaurant. The food was pretty tasty. It was served in a buffet style which was helpful - since we had a limited amount of time. Also, I'm not very familiar with Indian food and the buffet presentation allowed me to survey the grub before selecting the best LC options. :)

I think I did alright. I wish I would have remembered to bring my camera or to take notes about exactly what I ate though. Oh well. A basic description resides below.

More commentary to come ...


Tuesday - January 27, 2009

10:15 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

11:30 pm

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of heavy cream & 2 packets of Also Salt, 1 packet of stevia + FOS)

1:45 pm

+ Indian food - grilled chicken, savory lamb and a spinach side dish

Note: I had lunch with a few old workmates of mine. I think my food selections were all pretty low carb. Nothing tasted sweet and I felt fine afterward. Fingers crossed. :)

3:45 pm

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of heavy cream and a pinch of pure stevia

5:15 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)

7:15 pm

+ a fillet of spicy catfish (store-bought)

+ 1/2 cup of homemade mashed cauliflower

10:30 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

10 comments:

Vadim said...

Harry, when will your podcast interview be heard? Was it in April? Jimmy just listed upcoming interviews up to and including April and i didnt see yours. Do you know when is it?

Harry/JP said...

Mr. V,

I just checked Jimmy's site. I'll be on the April 6th podcast (under the name JP). Why? Because that's the name my parents gave me!

Harry is the name I often go by on the 'net. :)

NewVision said...

Good luck with your jury duty. My hubby had to do that a few months ago. It wasn't too bad for him. He really ended up enjoying it. Hope you do too!

Vadim said...

AAaaa, thats what I figured! It was asimple logic. Every one lese was either a woman or a Doctor! I know you said you were a writer not a doctor. Ok, look forward to it!

bayoubabe said...

Hi, if you ever want to get OUT of jury duty, just bring your BIBLE with you. Works every time ! :)

Glad you got out to eat something different.

Have a Blessed day, J.P.
:)

Bayoubabe

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Jo!

Harry/JP said...

Nice detective work, Mr. V. :)

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, BayouBabe.

Excellent suggestion! :)

~Oct said...

I played my MS card last time ... Boom. Out she goes. Good luck with it. If they do keep you, just think of it as another interesting life experience.

Harry/JP said...

Good suggestion, Oct. :)

I'm trying to adopt that kind of a perspective.

Tomorrow is the deciding day. I'll know whether I'm in or out then.

As long as I don't somehow end up behind bars ... I should be okay.