Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Giorno Sessanta


Homemade Chuck Roast and Mashed Cauliflower


Every day feels like a battle to hang on. I don't mean to be a downer but that's how I often feel. I suppose one good thing is that my mind's car no longer steers onto Binge Boulevard every time I feel like life is just too much.

I often wonder if it's ever going to get any easier. History isn't a good indicator that it will. Still, I cling to some hope - as foolish as that might be. What's the alternative? I must live. And if I am to live, I must try.


And so another battle begins ...


Tuesday - January 20, 2009

10:30 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

12:00 pm

+ leftover vegetable soup - (ultra-fatty chicken broth, a bratwurst sausage and green beans ... all blended into a smooth consistency via my handy-dandy immersion blender)

3:45 pm

+ LC lamb "burrito" - (ground lamb, grilled onions, spicy salsa and organic sour cream)

+ a glass of red wine


5:45 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)

7:00 pm (pictured above)

+ homemade chuck roast - (cooked in a slow cooker with roasted, canned tomatoes, fresh garlic, an onion, red wine, red pepper flakes, sea salt and fresh ground pepper)

+ homemade mashed cauliflower

9:30 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

11 comments:

~Oct said...

The world stinks for me too right now. This video brightened my day for a little while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMLoAtC9RY

*big hugs*

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Oct. :-)

Sweet video.

Hugs back at ya. I hope things turn your way real soon.

Anonymous said...

Excellent song :)

Things stink here too. Maybe we are rubbing off on each other. Someone please get out of the winter blahs.

Harry/JP said...

I'll do my best to get out of this funk, Sadekat.

I debated whether to post about my down-feelings. But, I opted to do so to let you all know that I feel pretty lousy but I'm not giving up.

I hope that may be helpful in some way. Still, I wonder if my being negative does harm.

I just want to snap out of this feeling. It's got to be possible. After all, so many with so many more problems than me are happy. So, why shouldn't I be happy?!

Somebody slap me! :)

Vadim said...

Harry, what is going on in your life now that is making you uneasy? I know its touph at times to share, but if you can, please do. Sometimes just sharing things to people that care will make it better. As I see you are losing weight at a very goos pace, your wife is there. Whats making you sad? Is it your job?

NewVision said...

Harry,
I'm so sorry you are seeing it ruff.
Please don't stop posting how you are feeling. I really believe good or bad we need to show that we are human. There are good and bad days no matter how our diets are going(yours is going great by the way). So many people believe that once the weight is gone a beautiful rainbow will appear and we will live happily ever after. You and I both know that is not the case.

Sometimes losing the weight brings up unexpected issues we didn't even know was there because we were covering them up with food. Working through your issues here 'live', may help someone else look at how THEY are handling things in a different light.

I struggle with posting my negative days as well, but I just keep telling myself that somebody somewhere may be reading that needs to hear what I have to say and how I handled it. If I can do it, no matter how bad it got, then they can too.

Harry I hope you feel better soon. Get ya some sleep, do some meditation and give yourself a little Vadim tickle. :)
((((HUGS))))
~Jo

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Vadim.

There's just been a lot of change lately. I don't do well with change and uncertainty.

Thanks for your concern.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Jo.

I think I'm distracting myself less than I used to. Food, for me, was one of my favorite distractions (and self medicating tool). I

I still have all the reasons to use my crutch (unhealthy food) ... I'm just not using it.

Thanks for your kindness and support. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry,
I hope you feel better able to handle the changes in your life soon. You are to be commended for not giving in to the old habits. There's no future to giving in to them. Hang in there.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Lynn.

My plan is to keep fighting until I get it right ... or closer to that. :)

Keeping up with this blog, I believe, has really helped me not to take that turn back into old and unhealthy habits - like overeating unhealthy foods.

I wish this blog cured everything. It hasn't. But it's helped one major issue in my life (altering my diet for the better). Hopefully it will continue to do so.

My best to you.

Harry/JP said...

Sadekat,

Here's a link to a recent, live performance of the song - if you're interested.

It's an older song - from the early 90's. I was surprised to see the band still performing. Got to love YouTube. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFj3Tz2RD88