Friday, January 9, 2009

Giorno Quarantanove


"The Wake-Up Crew"


Happy Friday everyone. I'm in the final stages of preparing my "show notes" for Jimmy Moore. Tonight, my wife will "snap" my picture and I'll send that over, along with the notes.

Next on my to-do list is trying to personalize my blog. Vadim mentioned starting a video blog. That seems like a big step but I'm thinking about it. One thing I should do first is to flesh out my biography and perhaps start listing approximate amounts of the macro-nutrients and calories that I'm consuming.

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not but I've linking a lot more recently. I thought it might be helpful to see which specific foods and products I personally use. My hope is that this will a) give some practical ideas about good LC sources or b) will prompt others to let me know of better options! A win-win situation. :)

The last couple of days, my mind has been really scattershot. I really need to find my equilibrium. To that end, I think I need more order in my life. I need to plan better and create a tighter system - since I'm no longer getting that from my job.

Look at the time! You know what time it is? That's right, it's menu time!


Friday - January 9, 2009

10:00 am

+ a cup of instant coffee, a packet of stevia + FOS and a splash of low-fat milk

1:00 pm

+ a leftover bacon-provolone-grilled onion hamburger

+ one small Roma tomato

+ one medium avocado

5:00 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

note: I temporarily switched to another brand of organic cocoa powder. I buy the Now Foods brand online - for a better price. I bought the Dagoba cocoa because it was the only organic variety at my local health food store. I thought it tasted just fine. I'm not sure which one of the two is of better quality.

8:00 pm (same dinner and same picture as last night)

+ slow-cooked pork butt - cooked with a can of roasted tomatoes, a diced onion, several cloves of garlic, fresh cracked pepper, Also Salt and sea salt, water and a splash of red wine

+ 1/2 cup of mashed cauliflower

11:30 pm

+ a cup of mixed tea - (two bags of organic white tea and one bag of an organic spicy ginger blend)


More to come ... I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry,
I like the pictures of products you use doing LC. It's very educational.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Lynn.

I appreciate the feedback. :)

I know I'm always curious about what other people are using. So, I thought I regularly include that myself.

Vadim said...

I dont even know how you use links in your menu blogs. boy, I am not that computer savvy! Harry, your blog is always ton of fun and information. I think it is enormously useful. And if you ever get your hands on using youtube videos, how cool would that be! may be even once a month or bi-weekly or when you see or dont see results! I hope that after you interview with jimmy, a lot more people find your blog. New low carb folks can learn so much!

Harry/JP said...

You're such a kind soul, Vadim.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and friendship throughout this experience.

re: the links

Just click on them! If any of them don't work, please let me know.

I'll make it goal to set up a video blog. Give me a little time to make that happen. But, I promise to give it my best shot.

Thanks again for all your support. I hope that I've been adequately returning the favor. If I haven't been, let me know how I can better help.