Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dia 64


Chuck Roast Island (click to enlarge)

It's officially the weekend. That's the good news. The bad news is that my wife is suffering from a bad cold. It's dropped into her chest and she is suffering quite a bit. She had a really rough day yesterday and a worse night. :( We're trying all the standard tricks to speed the colds exit ... tea, bed rest, extra vitamins, etc.

It's always painful to see someone you love very much suffering. But, the best possible reaction to such a situation is to try and stay positive and not add to the problem. That's what I'm trying to stay focused on. And, I hope/think I'm succeeding.

As some of you may know, I haven't been successful in exercising or meditating much. But, these past few days, I've been more successful in maintaining a more positive attitude. How have I (seemingly) accomplished this? I think I've just made a conscious decision to try hard not to feel down. I know that may sound too simplistic, but that's the best (and most truthful) explanation I've got for y'all.

1) Identify the problem: Being depressed without good cause.

2) Try to fix the problem: Don't allow a down mood to form in the first place. If you feel it coming on, consciously decide that it's not an acceptable reaction - given the circumstances. Depression isn't the same as justifiable sadness.

3) Be accountable. Share your failures and successes, with steps 1 & 2 with your diary, blog or family and friends.


Update: The good news of the day? My wife seems to be getting better. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts. They are much appreciated.

Another piece of good news ... Erika and Vadim are back in town! Hooray! Welcome back, lady and gent! :)


Saturday - January 24, 2009

11:30 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

1:15 pm

+ homemade vegetable soup - (fatty beef broth and organic broccoli florets ... made into a smooth soup via my immersion blender)

4:45 pm

+ a small organic avocado, sliced

+ 2 thin slices of prosciutto

+ approx. 3 oz of "Mitica Naked Goat Raw Milk Cheese"

+ a glass of red wine

6:45 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

8:45 pm (pictured above)

+ the final leftover piece of chuck roast with a little beef broth

+ homemade mashed cauliflower

11:15 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

11 comments:

bayoubabe said...

Pray your wife is better. I think everyone bloggin is down with something or the other this week.

Your recipe for the califlowr sounds delish.

Tell your wife to get some rest, and eat well.

Bayoubabe

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, BayouBabe.

Your prayers are much appreciated! :)

NewVision said...

Hey Harry,
Sorry to hear your wife is sick. The cold/flu thing that is going around this year is a bad one. Don't wait too long to see the doctor..

Glad to hear you are fighting(and winning) against those negative thoughts. Good move!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, NewVision. :)

We'll play it by year. If my wife isn't better by weekends end ... to the doctor she/we shall go!

If it's just a bad cold, there isn't much a doctor can do.

~Oct said...

Good job on staying more positive this week. You've certainly helped me stay more positive too, Harry. I hope your wife feels better soon and that you don't get it! Cro seems to end up with every flu that hits the area and I rarely get sick. It's not fair but I'll take it. :)

Harry/JP said...

Thanks a lot, Oct.

You made my night - knowing that I helped you stay more positive. :)

I'll do my best to get my lovely better and to stay out of sickness-way too. Fingers crossed.

Me said...

Hi Harry,

I hope you're wife is feeling better really soon. It's such a bummer when you're body is fighting something off, you can't get anything else done hehe. Hope you don't catch it too!

Those problems and their plan of action are very sound and sensible. It's great you have such insight into your own psychology and can make changes that way. Lots of people experience them but aren't even aware of it.

You'll have great things to achieve in 2009 :)

e

Anonymous said...

I hope Mrs. Harry feels better soon, maybe some good hearty breakfast soup will do the trick.

Harry/JP said...

Harrieta thanks you, Sadekat. :)

PS - I did give her some breakfast soup!

Vadim said...

Hey Harry! The best redemy for a cold is a good romantic comedy, lots of love and lots of lauph! A bit of jewish penicilin and in no time will she will better!

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Vadim!

She's already getting some Russian penicillin - courtesy of Jerry's Deli.

I may be able to get my hands on a romantic comedy tomorrow. If so, we'll watch it as per your prescription. :)

Nice to have you back around.