Wednesday, January 14, 2009

일 54


"Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. 'Easy' doesn't enter into grown-up life." Michael Caine speaking to Nicholas Cage, in The Weather Man - written by Steve Conrad


I was thinking back on yesterday and I noticed that my food/caloric intake was probably quite low. That's a problem that I rarely have - at least not in many, many years.

My loosely-tailored plan is to eat three robust meals a day. No snacks in-between (apart for my coffee-breaks). I think this may be a better way to go than to eat more frequently - from a physiological and weight standpoint.

I've got some cooking planned for later today. On the menu is some ground lamb with grilled onions, herbs and spices. I plan on mixing that with my leftover mashed cauliflower for dinner. Kind of like a shepherds pie of sorts.

More commentary to come ...

Wednesday - January 14, 2009

10:00 am

+ a cup of "hard choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, and hot water)

note: I forgot to add the packets of Also Salt and stevia + FOS this morning. I noticed after my first sip but decided to ride it out. It tasted just fine. Not sweet at all, but fine.

12:30 pm

+ homemade vegetable soup - (ultra-fatty pork broth and about a cup of frozen organic green beans). I blended these ingredients into a smooth consistency, using my handy-dandy immersion blender.

3:30 pm

+ approx. 3 oz. of natural prosciutto

+ a whole organic avocado

+ approx. 3 oz of soft goat's cheese

+ a glass of red wine

6:00 pm

+ a cup of instant organic coffee with a splash of milk and one packet of stevia + FOS

8:45 pm

+ ground lamb with grilled onions

+ homemade mashed cauliflower


Exercise Amount: TBD

Meditation Time: TBD


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

Vadim said...

We almost have everyone's face now except newvison! Harry, good for you to post picture. Its much more personable when you see a person's face. Next step would be a videoblog, i am telling you , you will be a hit on a low carb videoblogs. You will be popular and I think you have so much to offer. No push, you have to do it wheny and if you have time and desire. But I for one think it will work its majic!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Vadim. :)

The video-blog is in my plans for the near future. I will keep you posted as I figure out more about it!

Anonymous said...

Lookatyouharry!!! I saw a new face on my follower list, but didn't take the time to see who it was.. now I realize it was you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Handsome man you are! ... that's my yoda speak for the day.

Now for working on all the others who are faceless...and getting Vadim to get a closer picture. HINT HINT VADIM

NewVision said...

Hey Harry,
I love the picture.
I'm not very good at imagining what people will look like and I always get it wrong... :)

Vadim,
I JUST started including my name at the bottom of my comments...Little steps friend...Little steps..LOL

Have a great day all
~JO

Sweet Copper Penny said...

I would watch your vlog anyday!

Penny

Harry/JP said...

That's kind of you to say, Sadekat. :)

Thanks, NewVision. My wife had to take several photos to get one that didn't look too goofy. :)

Thanks, Penny. And welcome to my little corner of the woods. :)

I need to figure out the whole vblog thing. Once I get things set up, I'll let y'all know when my first vblog will premiere.