Tuesday, January 13, 2009

天五十三


Spicy Herbed Chicken Thighs and Homemade Extra-Creamy Creamed Spinach

It's about 6:00 pm on the West Coast and I'm in the kitchen causing a fire-hazard (cooking). On the menu tonight is spicy herbed chicken thighs and homemade creamed spinach. I'm a little concerned about how things will turn out because I accidentally bought the chicken "naked" - no bones, no skin. I thought it looked a little strange when I bought it. The thighs were extra expensive too. Oh well, that mystery is solved.

Starting tomorrow I plan on listing my daily exercise (or lack thereof). I've decided to shame myself into being less sloth-like. Feel free to flame me on my inactive days.

I may also start to list my meditation time. I haven't been doing that as consistently as I should. I'm not sure what the punishment should be if I fall short in that department. Maybe you can all repeatedly type a mantra at me instead of typing a message?


Tuesday - January 13, 2009

10:30 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

1:00 pm

+ homemade vegetable soup - (ultra-fatty pork broth, a few ounces of stewed pork and a cup of broccoli florets). I blended these ingredients into a smooth consistency, using my handy-dandy immersion blender.

4:00 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and stevia + FOS and hot water)

7:45 pm (pictured above)

+ spicy herbed chicken thighs - (marinated with extra virgin olive oil, a purple onion, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and a natural poultry herb blend)

+ homemade creamed spinach - (made with frozen spinach, butter sauteed garlic, grilled onions, cream cheese, Also Salt, sea salt and provolone cheese)

+ a glass of red wine

note: My concern was unwarranted. The chicken turned out really well - if I do say so myself. Actually (and more importantly), my wife really liked it too. It was juicy, flavorful and nicely accompanied by the extra-creamy, creamed spinach. :)


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

NewVision said...

Harry,
Since you picture is gonna be posted over on Jimmy's site, how about posting it here as well. Hmmmmm? just a thought.
Your doing great!
~Jo

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, NewVision.

I guess there's no reason not to post it.

In fact, I was thinking of sending Jimmy a new picture - closer to the April post date. I'll hopefully lose more weight prior to the posting. :)

Thank you for your kindness and all your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Vadim said...

I love your food pictures! I love chicken thies too! But I am so pressed for time to cookm them! AAAAaaAa, I need to start cooking more, thats my biggest problem.

Harry/JP said...

I here you, Vadim. Time can be a problem.

I'm trying to learn how to streamline my routine. Planning ahead is a big part of that.

You'll get there. Little by little, you're going to figure out ways to make things work within your schedule. If you hit a roadblock, let us know and maybe we can help try to find a solution.

If you lived closer, I'd offer to deliver some of this food! :)

~Oct said...

I may just have to move to the west coast to take Harry up on the LC home cooking delivery. You are an inspiring LC chef, Harry!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, October!

I'm still pretty much of a novice in the kitchen. But, I'm trying to expand my horizons. :)