Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Day They Call 61


One of My "Go To" Meals


Today, I will do my best to stay positive. That is my intent.

More commentary to come ... positive commentary! :)

Thanks for all the support everyone!

update: It's 3:00 pm and I'm feeling quite a bit better than I have the past few days. Yah!


Wednesday - January 21, 2009

9:45 am

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

11:15 am

+ a gorgonzola mushroom stuffed beef burger, topped with grilled onions and natural bacon

+ a small organic avocado, sliced

1:30 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)

2:45 pm

+ chorizo sausage, sliced

+ 2 small Roma tomatoes (sliced), topped with organic sour cream and chevre (goat's milk cheese)

+ a glass of red wine

5:30 pm

+ a cup of "choco-coffee" - (2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 packet of Also Salt and 1 packet of stevia + FOS and hot water)

8:00 pm

+ natural prosciutto, thinly sliced

+ Manchego (sheep's milk) cheese

+ a small organic avocado, sliced

10:30 pm

+ ginger/white tea (1 tea bag of "Ginger Aid" and 2 of White Tea)


More to come ... I hope!

7 comments:

NewVision said...

Glad to hear your feeling better.
:)

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, NewVision.

I'm feeling better than the past few days fo' sho'. :)

Hope your day was better too.

Anonymous said...

Harry,
I've got to plan a wonderful menu for my "day after." You're inspiring me with good ideas. I could make guacamole maybe and have some very nice cheese and salami or something.
Very glad to hear you're feeling better!

Vadim said...

How is Montego cheese? Where do you buy them?

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Lynn. :)

That sounds like a great idea. Make the "day after" meal as rich and exciting (to your palate) as possible. Try something new. Experiment and expand your foodie horizons! And then, report back!

I'll keep looking for new and interesting items to add to my menus as well. More to come!

Harry/JP said...

Mr. V.,

Manchego cheese is a harder cheese (consistency-wise). It's got a little tang to it - not as strong or as pungent as a blue cheese but it's got more flavor than say mozzarella.

I find it to be very satisfying, in terms of it's taste and texture.

Where to buy it? I usually find it at a local chain of health food stores called Whole Foods. But, I'd think that many delis would also carry it.

If you try it, let me know what you think. :)

Vadim said...

Sure will!