Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Low Carb Alternate Day Fasting Experiment - Day 23

Another fast day. Another work out day ... with a twist. The tentative plan is to meet some friends for dinner. So I'll save my one fast meal for that occasion. But what about the work out? My plan is to add post-exercise recovery shake to my fasting days that involve exercise. I think this makes the most sense. In case you're wondering why I'm exercising on my fast days this week ... two reasons: 1) I wanted to spend my free time with Maddy this past Sunday. 2) I wanted to see how I would react to working out in a semi-fasting state.

When all is said and done, I think I'll maintain a 3-day-a-week workout routine - lasting about 1 1/2 hours each session. If possible, I'll select weekdays for my workouts so that the weekends will be free but active in other ways.

8:20 AM - a cup of organic coffee (black)

8:30 - 8:55 AM - meditation practice

9:00 AM - Blood Pressure: 115/66. Blood Sugar: 73.

10:15 AM - a cup of organic coffee (black)

1:45 AM - a cup of organic coffee (black)

2:00 - 3:20 PM - work out

3:45 PM - a post-exercise, recovery shake (6 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 1/2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein, 2 scoops of "chocolate greens", 1 scoop of FOS/inulin, a few drops of organic peppermint extract + a dash of NutraSalt)

7:00 PM - dinner out (two raw mussels, a bun-less burger topped with avocado slices, bleu cheese, bacon, a fried egg and a few bites of crab leg meat)

More to come ... I hope!

No comments: