Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Day Some Call 109


Our Yummy Dinner

I had a dream/nightmare about binging last night. I don't recall the specifics except that I remember waking up and feeling relieved that it was just a dream.

It's not terribly uncommon for me to feel the temptation to escape by going back to old (self-destructive) eating patterns. These thoughts usually arise when I'm feeling sorry for myself or disappointed about one thing or another. But those times pass and I know that if I give in to those temptations, I'll only end up in a tougher spot. There's only so many tough spots you can dig yourself out of. I've had enough of them in my time and I'm sure life will provide plenty more of them without my assistance.

Update: I just completed a 45 minute and 45 second walk. My inclined remained at 2.5 and my speed increased slightly to 3 - 3.5. That upped my total walking distance to 2.54 miles (on the treadmill). I also walked to and from the gym as my warm up and cool down times.

9:30 am

+ The Wowee Zowee Meal Replacement Shake - 5 oz of organic heavy cream, 4 oz of purified water, 2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Green SuperFood, 1 tsp organic instant coffee, a pinch of pure stevia, and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt)

1:00 pm

+ The Wowee Zowee Meal Replacement Shake - 5 oz of organic heavy cream, 4 oz of purified water, 2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate Green SuperFood, a pinch of pure stevia, and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt)

4:30 pm

+ a shot of organic espresso

7:30 pm (pictured above)

+ 2 homemade bacon cheeseburgers with grilled onions

+ a small organic Roma tomato

+ 3/4 of an organic avocado


More to come ... I hope!

6 comments:

~Oct said...

That reminds me of dreaming about eating cake. I hate those dreams but I guess they happen as a manifestation of our fears. The good thing is, we wake up and feel good that it wasn't real. Congrats on your work out!

NewVision said...

Whew, glad it was just a dream.

Your doing great with you walking, do you feel it yet?

Vadim said...

Love the scallops! Love them! its easy to grill them. I sautee them in butter and white wine untill they brown on eahc side, it doesnt take a long time. They are insanely expensive though, so I dont usually buy them until summer!! Good job on keeping on keeping on!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Oct!

Harry/JP said...

Whew is right, Jo! :-)

I feel a little bit of a "walker's high" toward the end of my work outs.

I'm beginning to see a difference in my body composition too. I'm toning up a bit. :-) And boy do I need it!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Vadim!

I like scallops. My wife loves them. So, I got them as a treat for her. She deserves it! :-)