Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jour 74


My Idea of Comfort Food


The Whole Pork Shoulder


I'm feeling more up-beat and confident today. I hope this feeling lasts. I'll do my best to keep it going.

The days are so much easier to deal with when I'm not having to grapple with full-on bouts of depression, insecurity and self-loathing.

Onwards and upwards.

PS - I oven-roasted the pork shoulder tonight, instead of cooking it in a slow cooker. We enjoyed it MUCH better "oven style". That's definitely the way to go (for us). Can you say "crispy pork skin"? Mmmm. :-)


Tuesday - February 3, 2009


9:45 am

+ a cup of instant coffee with a few ounces of low-fat milk and a pinch of pure stevia

11:30 am

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of heavy cream & 2 packets of Also Salt, 1 packet of stevia + FOS)

3:30 pm

+ stuffed chicken breast (with skin) with spinach, peppers and goat cheese (as the stuffing)

+ 2 organic Roma tomatoes, sliced and topped with organic sour cream and raw goat cheese

+ a glass of organic red wine

6:45 pm (pictured above)

+ oven-roasted pork shoulder with blackened onions

+ 1/2 cup of homemade mashed cauliflower

10:30 pm

+ a strong cup of white tea (3 tea bags)


More to come ... I hope!

5 comments:

~Oct said...

Wow Harry, I would have never guessed you suffer from self-loathing and depression (so do I, btw, so I know what that is like. not so fun.) the best thing I find to do is to focus on making someone else's day better ... usually that means taking time to call or email mom or dad or to send an email encouraging Cro and asking about his day. These blogs make me feel happy and useful too. Believe me, you have helped me greatly with the loneliness of this weight battle.

I'm glad you are feeling positive today. Hope it continues too!

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, Oct.

I think you have a very positive philosophy. :) I like it and I try to adopt it regularly. Maybe that's why you didn't know of my "dark days".

I'm so happy to know that I've contributed something positive to your journey. In fact, that just about made my day. Thanks for letting me know. :)

So far, today's been a-okay. I'm thankful for that. I hope the same for your day!

Anonymous said...

Pork fat rules!

Great looking supper there Harry

Harry/JP said...

Agreed!

Thanks, Sadekat. :)

NewVision said...

That's our favorite way to cook pork too. We love Oven style. It makes it so tender.

Looks good!