Friday, June 26, 2009

216

We went on a walk this evening. The weather couldn't have been better. Once again, my sweetheart drug me out of my lair to get some fresh air and sunshine. She is my G.O.A. - my gift from above.

11:00 am


+ LC Mocha Ice & Cream Shake - 3 ice cubes, a few ounces of organic heavy cream and 4-6 oz of purified water, 2 scoops of Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens, 1 scoops of Jarrow Unflavored Whey Protein, 1 scoop of organic sprouted flax meal, 1 tsp of organic instant coffee, a splash of organic vanilla extract, stevia and Also Salt - blended up using my handy-dandy immersion blender

note: I'll be using a different protein for the next few weeks - Jarrow's 100% Natural Whey. I needed some protein and it was on sale at the local health food store. It's very basic but appears to be clean and of high-quality. I even called the company to ask a few questions about it. I was satisfied by the answers and by the taste.

2:00 pm

+ a cup of organic, black coffee with 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin

3:45 pm

+ LC Peanut Butter Cup Ice & Cream Shake - 3 ice cubes, a few ounces of organic heavy cream and 4-6 oz of purified water, 1 ounce of organic 100% cocoa powder, 1 scoop of Jarrow Unflavored Whey Protein, 1 scoop of organic sprouted flax meal, 1-2 tbsp of organic creamy peanut butter, a splash of organic vanilla extract, stevia and Also Salt - blended up using my handy-dandy immersion blender

note: I used pure cocoa powder instead of the Chocolate Greens this afternoon - as a way to help bring the cost down a bit. I also had some cocoa powder on hand and wanted to use it while it was still fresh.

6:00 pm

+ a cup of organic, black coffee with 1 packet of organic stevia/inulin

7:30 pm

+ 6 seared scallops in a white wine lemon butter sauce

+ oven roasted organic broccoli with organic shallots and red pepper flakes

More to come ... I hope

4 comments:

Anne H said...

ok. So you put the broccoli, etc in a pan and put it in the oven. I am just learning how to cook...again.... I need a recipe primer! Soon enough I hope to get the basics down.

Harry/JP said...

This one is even simpler than most of my other recipes:

Just defrost some frozen, organic broccoli florets. Drain them well - excess water is the enemy!

Next, chop or slice up some organic a shallot or two.

Add some organic, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy) to the broccoli and shallots. Mix all the ingredients well.

Place the coated and seasoned florets on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven - about 10 minutes, followed be a few minutes of broiler time to brown and crisp them up.

Keep an eye on the cooking process. Ovens vary and I'd hate for your broc to get burnt!

Pull it out of the oven and eat! :-) Hope you enjoy!

Simple cooking rocks.

PS - My wife liked it a lot. She has a much more discerning palate than I do. :-)

Anne H said...

Thanks for taking the time to post that recipe!

Harry/JP said...

No problem! Enjoy!