Friday, April 10, 2009

139 Jours et Nuits

Preparing the Fresh Giant Prawns

Close Up of the Prawns Baked in the Sea Salt and Rosemary

The Prawns Plated

It's going to be a whirlwind of a day. I may have to employ the use of two meal-replacements to fit everything in. We shall see.

In the meantime, shortly I'll be off to the gym. I refuse to skip a work out! I think it's too important at this stage of the game! Exercise stats will be arriving shortly.

The big news of the day is that tonight I'll have the great pleasure of celebrating my wife's birthday at one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles (received 2 Michilin stars). A romantic dinner for two. I think I should be able to post a photographic account of that meal. It promises to be unbelievably delicious. :-)

I hope y'all have a smashing Friday. The weekend is almost here!

Update: Exercise Stats

Time: 65 minutes. Distance: 2.76 miles. Speed: 3.5 - 4.0. Incline: 3.5 - 5.0. Warm Up and Cool Down: Walking to and from the gym.

I decreased my speed somewhat today but increased the amount of time I spent at the 5.0 incline. I find that mixing it up may be a good strategy for me. I hope I'm right about that.

Update #2: Our romantic birthday dinner was extraordinary. This year, we both decided that we'd prefer going out to an elegant restaurant rather than receiving some other kind of birthday gift.

My wife's choice for a restaurant was Providence. She chose very well. :-)

10:15 am

+ The Wowee Zowee Meal Replacement Shake (Version 2.0) - 3 oz of organic heavy cream, 3 oz of purified water, 2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 1 scoop of Orac Energy Greens, 1 tsp of organic instant coffee, a pinch of pure stevia, and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt)

2:30 pm

+ The Wowee Zowee Meal Replacement Shake (Version 2.0) - 3 oz of organic heavy cream, 3 oz of purified water, 2 scoops of natural vanilla whey protein powder, 1 scoop of Orac Energy Greens, 1/4 tsp of organic cinnamon, a pinch of pure stevia, and 1/4 tsp of Also Salt)

4:30 pm

+ a large mug of ChocoCoffee

+ a tbsp of organic coconut oil

7:00 pm (pictured above)

+ Alaskan King Crab appetizer

+ Fresh Prawns cooked in a bed of sea salt and rosemary and topped with the most delicious olive oil and lime

+ Prime New York Steak with Baby Broccoli, Bone Marrow and Bordelaise sauce


More to come ... I hope!

2 comments:

~Oct said...

what a great experience! I've heard of Providence and I'm nowhere near the west coast. Cro and I began sharing an experience rather than material birthday gifts as well ... what a lovely adventure for you both.

Harry/JP said...

It truly was a "lovely adventure". It's now a memory that we'll treasure ... rather than a physical gift that would likely fade. :-)

Thanks, Oct!