Monday, August 31, 2009

279

Don't know why but I had a horrendous night's sleep. I'm not sure you can even classify that as sleep. I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it was the heat. Perhaps I was still wound up from the exciting evening. Anyhow, it is what it is. I'm tanking up on coffee and may slip away for a nap later ... if it's possible.

9:45 am

+ an LC Coffee Coconut Milk Shake - a few ounces of organic (full fat) coconut milk and cold water, a scoop of natural vanilla egg white protein, organic sprouted flax meal, 3 ice cubes, a tsp of organic instant coffee and a dash of organic stevia and Also Salt

12:30 pm

+ a mug of LC ChocoCoffee (2-3 tablespoons of organic cocoa powder, 1 tsp of organic instant coffee, 2 packets of stevia and inulin, a dash of Also Salt and hot water)

3:00 pm

+ a strong cup of organic white tea (3 tea bags worth)

5:15 pm

+ an LC ChocoCocoCoffee Protein Shake - a few ounces of organic shredded coconut and cold water, a scoop of natural vanilla whey protein, organic sprouted flax meal, 3 tbs of organic cocoa powder, 3 ice cubes, a tsp of organic instant coffee, a dash of organic stevia and Also Salt

7:30 pm

+ homemade "jerk" chicken salad and organic avocado slices

8 comments:

~Oct said...

hope you get your nap and feel more awake soon. :) sounds like you had a wonderful evening!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Oct. :-)

It was a good night. Now I'm trying to make this a good day.

Hope you're doing well.

Anne H said...

Me, too, Harry - sympathy insomnia?

Naps are good, too!

Harry/JP said...

Could be, Anne. :-)

I didn't have time to nap but I'm hoping that will help really sleep deeply tonight.

Hope you sleep restfully as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Harry it was probably the heat and the exciting evening...hope your nap made you feel better!

Low Carb Daily said...

I'm having company tonite and you and Mad have made me not even a little bit afraid to serve up some low carb goodies!

Harry/JP said...

I think you're right, Nancy (re: the heat and mental excitement from the evening before).

Last night offered a good night's sleep. I hope tonight will provide the same. It sure helps to rest well.

Harry/JP said...

That's awesome, Angie. I'll let Mad know. I'm sure it'll make her feel as good as it just made me feel. :-)

BTW, one of our guests (the other night) just started an LC program. She was pleasantly surprised by being able to eat chili and even dessert while sticking to her program.

Our other guest wasn't LCing but enjoyed the LC version of the foods just as well. We also got him some non-LC foods to choose from but he didn't eat many of those (chips, crackers, etc.).

Hope your get together is a lot of fun!