Example: I had guacamole on both of my prior, non-ADF dinner meals because there were avocados in the refrigerator that needed to be used. I'll have some more guacamole tomorrow because there's still one more left! This alteration in my eating pattern is resulting in significant changes in how I'll select and shop for food in the coming time.
So far, this isn't a problem. Firstly, I love guacamole! Secondly, I can make it in slightly different ways each time. It could be extra garlicy one day. Intensely spicy another. Etc. And also, repetition doesn't seem like much of an issue these days for me. I actually feel more appreciative of my meals when I get to eat them - on my regular feed days. I think that's a positive trend with respect to how I view food. I'm grateful to have delicious and nutritious food to eat. Many people are not so blessed - unfortunately. In other words, I'm focusing more on what I do have and can have rather than what I chose not to have.
After all, when did food become something we depend on for entertainment? Sure it's enjoyable and it can certainly afford sensory stimulation. But simply having access to it should be more important than thinking about other types of food we'd rather be eating. It seems the mindset of many, including myself, has gone way off the tracks.
My initial impressions are that: a) I should buy much smaller quantities of the foods I like, especially the perishable variety - duh!; b) try to increase the variety of foods we stock - to make my full dining days more interesting and nutritionally diverse.
- Fast Day #3 - Fell Asleep: 1:30 Am - Wake Up Time: 10:00 AM - Slept in. Whee Hooo!
- 10:30 AM - an organic cup of black coffee
- 12:00 PM - Blood Pressure: 124/71. Blood Sugar: 68 mg/dL
- 12:45 PM - A "triple shot" of organic white tea (3 tea bags)
- 3:00 PM - ADF Meal Replacement Pudding/Shake: 8 oz of unsweetened, vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop (natural + sugar-free) chocolate egg white protein, 3 Tbs organic (sugar-free) peanut butter, 2 scoops chocolate "greens" powder, 1 scoop organic sprouted flax meal, 1 scoop of FOS/inulin and a dash of NutraSalt + the majority of my daily nutritional supplements
- 5:00 PM - an organic cup of black coffee
- 7:15 PM - a strong cup of Traditional Medicinals' Every Day Detox tea (2 tea bags)
- 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM - lots of ice water (out with friends at a club)
- 1:00 AM - a strong cup of organic chamomile tea (2 tea bags)
More to come, I hope.