Note #2: One of the most striking changes so far is how full the refrigerator remains now. It makes sense but it's also rather dramatic to see for yourself. I did make a store at a health food store to pick up some groceries today but the big was significantly smaller than usual.
Note #3: I wanted to briefly mention this while I remembered it. Some of you may know that a long time ago I struggled with an eating disorder known as anorexia nervosa. A long, long time ago. One of the psychological underpinnings of eating disorders is a desperate need for control in one's life. During my adolescence, I felt as though I had very little control over my destiny. But it occurs to me now that taking control over my eating patterns needn't be destructive - if it's done consciously and judiciously. I believe that's part of what I'm doing now. I'm managing my food intake in such a way as to improve my health and to help me feel more confident and in control of my life. This is all the more important now that my/our life seems a bit less certain in general.
- Wake up time: 7:00 AM. Fell asleep around 1:00 AM.
- 7:30 AM - a cup of organic coffee with a scoop of inulin powder (a prebiotic) and a splash of unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 8:45 AM - Blood Pressure: 124/74. Blood Sugar: 68 mg/dL.
- 9:00 AM - 1 cup of Fage Greek yogurt *, 1 Tbs of Nature's Hollow (sugar-free) strawberry preserves and a few ounces of organic raw pecans + morning supplements
- 11:00 AM - a cup of organic coffee (black)
- 1:00 PM - a strong cup of organic white tea with mint (3 tea bags)
- 2:15 PM - a large slice of homemade Italian Basil Egg Bake and lightly roasted broccoli + mid-day supplements
- 6:30 PM - a large bowl of homemade (organic) guacamole and chicharrones, a small serving of traditional pot roast and a glass or organic red wine (Syrah) + evening supplements
- 10:30 - a strong cup of Traditional Medicinals' Every Day Detox tea (2 tea bags)
More to come ... I hope!