Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dag 8

It's the weekend and another late start to the day. The night owl in me is hanging on for dear life. The past few nights, I've attempted to sleep without the aid of an OTC (over-the-counter) sleep-remedy. My sleep hasn't been very sound at all. But, I think I still need to do my best to purge myself of this unnecessary crutch.

I'm at weird place mentally. I feel psychologically wounded on a pretty regular basis. I get down on myself quite a lot and often, for legitimate reasons. Still, thus far, I've been able to pretty much stay on course - with regard to my low-carb menu. I hope that lasts. Sticking to it has, in some small measure, helped me to feel a bit better about myself.

There are many fish swimming in my head at the moment. But, I think I'll just leave it here for right now.

Off to the menu ...


Saturday - November 29th, 2008

11:00 am

+ a cup of instant coffee with an ounce or so of half-and-half and sweetened with one packet of stevia (with FOS in the base)

+ one piece of leftover low-carb "pumpkin bake"

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_bake.html


1:15 pm

+ a vanilla whey protein shake - (two scoops of natural LC vanilla whey protein powder, 4 oz of half-and-half and one packet of stevia with FOS)

3:30 pm

+ 5 ham and tomato "tacos" - (5 thin slices of ham, a dollop of sour cream in the center and 2 small, sliced Roma tomatoes placed on the sour cream beds)

+ half-glass of red wine

5:30 pm

+ one cup of "choco-coffee" - (two-tablespoons of pure cocoa powder, one teaspoon of instant coffee, a packet of stevia with FOS and a splash of half-and-half)

7:30 pm

+ two homemade herbed chicken thighs, with skin

+ half-cup of homemade creamed spinach

11:15 pm

+ 3/4 of an avocado (medium-size)

+ 4 slices of prosciutto

+ half glass of red wine


More to come ... I hope!

5 comments:

Me said...

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your supportive comments on my blog. :)

Your menu doesn't sound too bad today... but the real issue here is you beating yourself up over things. For legitamate reasons? Somehow I doubt that.

Whatever you're saying to yourself, would you say it to a good friend of yours? If the answer is 'no', you need to treat yourself with the same respect as you treat others.

*hugs*

Remember we're always here for you, through the good and the bad :)

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Erika.

You're a sweetheart. :-)

Vadim said...

Harry, it is on very rare occasions that I agree completely, mind you completely, with women. But this time I do agree with Erika completely! One of my favorite guys La Tzu once said that the strongest tree in nature is palm tree and it can withstand a storm of up to 200 mils an hour. Because it is flexible and instead fo fighting the storm, it just bows down to it until it passes away. So as human we are part of nature and therefore should strive to be more like palm trees. I know you are a wise guy, but at times just listening it from others makes it a bit better. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change! And it is always true! Be strong, we need you! Lol, you are carrying the torch , remember!

Harry/JP said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Vadim.

I shall strive to be more flexible and ride-out the rough stretches.

A few of the issues, that were weighing heavily on my mind, are already sorting themselves out. I faced them and I survived.

Also, thanks for sharing the wise words of one of your inspirations.

Much appreciated!

Vadim said...

Any time! I have always been a giver all my life. I have always been in service in one way or another. i get much more out of giving then recieving. We are here for each other, and it trully helps at times. Sometimes a kind word goes a long way, especially if it comes form the heart! And here we have what seems like a bunch of amazing people who geniunly care. Its amazing!