Monday, July 12, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Muffins


I whipped up a new recipe on Saturday. I was inspired to do so after walking down the isles of a local health food store and market earlier in the week. That got me thinking about what I used to eat and that lead me down the "create a better monster" culinary route. And since Mad's out of town at the moment, I had some extra time to go crazy in the kitchen.

Correction: Come to think of it, the true genesis of this recipe probably had more to do with a blog I read recently by a fellow low-carber, October. She mentioned feeling bored with some of her everyday food selections. That + my fond memories of eating blueberry muffins in my younger years = this new recipe.

The actual recipe and directions will be posted tomorrow on the Healthy Fellow site. Did the muffins turn out well? Let me put it this way ... they're all gone. It took all of three days to polish off 10 muffins. No guilt though. The nutritional profile is pretty solid. Plus, I was on a bachelors diet - I ate whatever was left in the house.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the recipe: Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Muffins

I'm going to keep this post short because I'm not certain if anyone's actually reading this. And typing to oneself can't possibly be a very healthy endeavor. After all, it's not quite like keeping a diary.

One last thing though. Starting next Wednesday, I'll post a series of questions and answers featuring Dr. Richard Feinman of the Nutrition and Metabolism Society. He's such a fantastic advocate and resource for anyone interested in low carbohydrate nutrition. I highly recommend following the NMS Twitter feed.

8 comments:

ms. v said...

good to see you're still going strong! :)

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Ms. V.

What's the option? :-)

I hope you're doing well too.

Anonymous said...

these look so yummy! I will watch for the recipe.

Harry/JP said...

Thanks, Nancy.

They turned out really well, IMO. Delicious. Moist. All the flavors came through - the lemony goodness and the pop of the blueberries. Easy to make too.

Vadim said...

Off course people are reading! That recipe looks too tempting!

Harry/JP said...

Good to know. :-)

Thanks, Mr. V!

~Oct said...

I can't wait to try these JP! I'm putting blueberries on my shopping list ... and sparkling water. I'll bet they are every bit as good as your pancake recipe and they look easy enough for me to successfully bake. :) Thank you.

Harry/JP said...

Oct,

If I can make them ... anyone can!

I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did. Cro too! :-)